Saturday, November 24, 2012

History ...

I used to be on Prozac until it stopped working.  Did you know that Prozac can stop working???  I sure as hell didn't!
I never even considered that I had depression until I was about to get married and my now husband told me that I should really go to the doctor because he couldn't handle my moods (crying all the time).  I always thought that I was just too emotional and somehow lacked the discipline to control my emotions like everyone else.  Hubs was the first person to suggest that I could get help.  What a frickin' concept.  After 35 years of being a mess, could it actually be that it wasn't "my fault"?
So, I had the choice to call the doctor or remain single.  I called the doctor the next day.  It's amazing how fast you can get an appointment when you say "depression".  I went to see my doctor, told him that I've basically always been overly emotional and he prescribed Prozac.
My life changed.  I felt was a assume "normal" people feel like.  I was also a little pissed that I didn't realize I had depression sooner so that I could've started taking these happy pills sooner!  Years down the drain.  Sucks to be me sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment